Saturday, February 4, 2012

Glamour Guts Is Here!


A major part of healing when you have a chronic disease is getting over the stigma and isolation attached to your illness. In the past I really felt that other people with Crohn's Disease were not like me, I had no desire to reach out to anyone. I always felt that communicating with others about my disease would mean putting myself in a victim role and that didn't appeal to me. In truth, I was in that victim role every day but putting on a brave face in public. Here is a movie about Inflammatory Bowel Disease that was very inspiring to me. When I saw this film, I realized that I could open up about my disease in fun and creative ways, and maybe even have sense of humour about it.
Glamour Guts is a 3 minute silent film by fellow Canadian Jasmin Oore about living a glamourous life with intestinal disease. I was shown this movie a couple of years ago when my friend Dana was at my house and she told me about her friend's friend who made a movie about Crohn's Disease that won an award for a CBC short film contest. I laughed so hard watching it; all the pain and embarrassment that I had felt over the years was suddenly so hilarious! We were able to find it online at that time since it was on the CBC website but when I first launched this blog it was no longer available. Until now! Jasmin has put it on youtube so that we can all have a good laugh about living with with IBD... Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2skg1f4HAM

No comments:

Post a Comment