Thursday, September 6, 2012

Patience, Patient!

I am trying to be patient.  My gut is needing some attention.  I tried to be proactive and ensure that all my blood work was up to date so that if my symptoms worsened help was just a phone call to my doctor and a fax to my pharmacist away.   But as usual in the medical system, it's not working so smoothly.  I contacted the nurse who works with my doctor and she called me back after two days and told me that my doctor is on vacation at the moment and upon his return next week she would ask him to look at my file and let me know his decision.  That was last week.  It is now Thursday evening and I haven't heard from her.  I've been reluctant to call her back since her voicemail message says, "please leave me ONLY ONE message, I will get back to you".  It is so hard to know when it is time to be pushy and fight for yourself and your needs and when you should just wait.  Is patience a virtue or is it a means of delaying treatment and allowing symptoms to worsen?

No comments:

Post a Comment