Friday, June 10, 2011

Confessions of a Supplement Junkie


I spend so much money on supplements. Sometimes I look at the shelf with all my supplements (yes, I have a whole cupboard dedicated to them) and see the price tags and rip them off because I'm so embarassed at how much I've spent on them. Lately, I've started ordering them online (yay! no price tags!) and I wait... when the package finally arrives, I actually get excited!!! Weird, huh?!

Well, I know I'm not alone-I can't be. My mom gives me all her watermarked Psychology Today magazines when she's done bathing with them and I think the majority of the ads in there are for vitamins and supplements. It's a growing market and I guess I'm just following the trend of my demographic.

Here's what I'm now taking:

- l-glutamine
- N-acetyl glucosamine
- slippery elm
- marshmallow root
- oregano oil
- liquorish root
- iron
- Probiotic$
- Vitex
- Omega oil
- Coral calcium
- zinc
- folic acid
- selenium
- CoQ10
- Emergen-C
- colostrum

And, I probably could create a "wish list" of ones that I really want to try.

It's sad, I know.



It's up to you not to heed the call up, I don't want to die, I don't want to die.

-The Clash

No comments:

Post a Comment